Who Should Attend
This web seminar is ideal for the business valuation professionals, Certified Valuation Analysts, auditors, tax advisors, corporate finance consultants, controllers, analysts, investors etc.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this web seminar, attendees will learn how to integrate ESG (Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance) issues into business valuations. Different aspects of risk quantification, opportunities, assets, liabilities and cash flow effects are explained.
Description of the Web Seminar
ESG and sustainability are not only buzzwords in today’s business valuation. Investors, analysts and valuation appraisers more and more often take ESG-related topics into account when determining the value of businesses. They do it because it is today broadly understood that ESG and sustainability can have a real impact on the value discovery.
In this seminar we shed light on the most important aspects of ESG integration:
- How to include ESG into valuations
- How far can we use our existing valuation framework for this? And where do we have to extent it?
- Where to look at from an analytical point of view?
- How can we translate this into a practicable valuation approach?
- The different shades of ESG aspects (and how to deal with them in business valuation)
- Balancing cost-benefit effects of ESG in business valuation
- Typical practical examples and how to deal with them in our valuation models
- Discussion (your questions to the speaker)
Prof. Dr. Matthias Meitner, CFA
- Managing Partner at VALUESQUE
- Professor for Finance, Accounting & Business Valuation, International School of Management (ISM)
- Chair of the Centre for Business Values, International School of Management (ISM)
- Heading the Expert Network „Equity Valuation and Analysis“ of the CFA Society Germany.
- Member of the Capital Market Advisory Committee (CMAC) of the IFRS Foundation
- Member of the EU-linked European Financial Reporting Advisoy Group (EFRAG) User Panel
After his Studies of Business Administration at Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuernberg, Matthias worked between 2002 und 2005 at the Centre For European Economic Research (Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung (ZEW)) in Mannheim/Germany in the Finance Department. As part of his job he performed practice-relevant Research on Business Valuation and corporate finance topics.
In 2005 he received a doctoral (PhD) Degree for his Dissertation „The Market Approach to Comparable Company Valuation“, supervised by Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Gerke.
Between 2005 and 2008 Matthias was employed in the Industrials Holdings Department of Allianz SE where he was in charge for valuation topics, support of supervisory mandates of Allianz-Managers and the Management of long-term Equity Holdings of Allianz.
Between 2008 and 2015 he served as an Equity Investment and Portfolio Manager at Allianz Global Investors GmbH, following a deep fundamental and Valuation-driven Approach. Just before leaving Allianz in 2015, he oversaw and managed a Portfolio of more than 300 mio Euros AUM with a clear single-Investment, Valuation-driven Focus.
In 2015 Matthias Meitner founded VALUESQUE in order to better service Clients’ Requirements for increasing economic Content and fundamental Quality in Business Valuations. Also since 2015, Matthias has been holding a Chair of Business Valuation at the International School of Management (ISM) in Munich.
Matthias is CFA-Charterholder, is heading the Expert Network “Equity Valuation and Analysis” of the CFA Society Germany and is an Academic Member of the European Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts EACVA.
- € 120 (€ 142,80 incl. 19% VAT) for EACVA members
- € 150 (€ 178,50 incl. 19% VAT) for guests
Registration fee includes the web seminar materials in PDF format.
Conditions of Participation
Thursday, 12 May 2022 I 15:00 – 17:15 (CET)
(2 hours of continuing education credit / 2,5 CPE for the CVA recertification)
You will receive a registration confirmation by email.
The web seminar will be held via Zoom. You will receive your personal Zoom Link and the web seminar materials at the email address that is provided in your registration one day prior to the web seminar date.
Certificate of Attendance: It is required to respond to all poll questions displayed randomly throughout the web seminar. In order to view and answer all poll questions, please make sure to download Zoom: https://zoom.us/download. After downloading the latest update, click here to run a Zoom "join test" to ensure you are set up prior to joining the web seminar.
Cancellations must be sent in writing (by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org). In case of cancellations after 10 May 2022, a cancellation fee of 50% of your registration fee (VAT may apply) will be charged. Cancellations made within 24 hours prior to the event date or nonattendance will not be refunded.
EACVA offers the opportunity to send in a substitute participant at no extra charge if a registered participant is unable to attend the web seminar.
Data: The personal information that you supply to us will be stored and used by means of electronic data processing in compliance with the Data Protection Act for contract execution.